Friday, February 14, 2014

The Final Countdown.

War. War never changes. The battle of Ragnarok is the exception. This battle shall end the reign of the Aesir, and ultimately the gods themselves. I have foreseen all that is to come, and will give this tale to you mortals as to never forget my reign. I am Odin, and this is the story of my end. It will begin with the murder of my son Balder. While this news upsets me greatly, I have come to terms with his end. But not only that but a great winter of three years shall grip the world, causing wars that pit brother against brother, slaying much of mankind. And after these events, the beautiful red rooster, Fjalar the All-Knowing, shall descend from the heavens and alert the giants and all the world that Ragnarok has begun.

The invasion of my home and stronghold, Asgard shall be sieged, it's walls set on fire by the great and powerful fire giant Surt. My warriors of Valhalla, the greatest soldiers on Earth, brought here by my Valkyries, shall aid my Aesir and I in the battle against evil. And we shall march to war. I shall battle Fenrir, the great wolf and son of Loki, and he shall slay me. The Midgard Serpent, a creature of great evil shall arise to battle Thor, and they will kill each other simultaneously. Loki, my underling shall betray us, and join the Jotunn and fight Heimdall and both shall face their demise by the hand of the other. Freyr the Great will fall at the hand of Surt, and the battle will have ended.

Nine worlds in a blazing inferno of death. Surt will set all worlds ablaze, pushing all lands into now boiling seas. But I find comfort only in one thing. The world will go on.

2 comments:

  1. this post interesting because you made it seem like an adventure story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was interesting and fun to read! There was a lot of information without it being boring. Good use of detail(:

    ReplyDelete