Monday, February 3, 2014

Ragnarok

For the Great Battle I prepare. I send my Valkyries down to my world to bring me the strongest and bravest of warriors to my hall, Valhalla, in my palace of Asgard. Ragnarok, the doom of Gods and Humans alike is something that cannot be stopped, can be fought with bravery and honor on the Plains of Vigrid. I know the one day Surt the giant shall set the world on fire, and when he does my Aesir and I must stand against the forces of evil.
      When a winter of 3 years comes upon us I know the time is near. My son Balder will be murdered and the All-knowing Giant red rooster will warn all that Ragnarok is here.                
      I will be killed by the Fenrir wolf and Thor and the Midgard Serpent will kill each other. Loki will turn on the Aesir, and fight Heimdall, and they will kill each other. Tyr and the watchdog “Garm” from Hel, will also kill each other. Freyr will be killed by the fire giant named Surt. Finally Surt will set all the nine worlds, in a flaming inferno and they will sink into the boiling sea. There is nothing the Gods can do to prevent Ragnarok. My only comfort is that, I predict that Ragnarok, will not be the end of the world.Ragnarok_The_end_of_the_World_Surt_norse_mythology

No comments:

Post a Comment